Monday, December 3, 2012

Our little Rough-n-Tumbler

Brittyn is a lot of things. She's silly, smart, funny, determined, sweet and a little bit sassy. Sadly, she's a little clumsy too. In the last 24 hours, she has fallen into the bathtub and out of the laundry basket, only to hit her head and her shoulder. Thankfully, she was mostly scared and was able to shake it off and continue playing.
Now, I say all this because there was a time not too long ago that she took a tumble and wasn't able to shake it off as easily. Back in March 2012, I got a call from grandma saying that Brittyn had been jumping on the couch and had tripped and fell and hit her head on the glass and iron table. She had a pretty big goose egg on her head and wasn't completely and consistently conscious. She wanted to know what to do. Well, I didn't know what to do either, so we thought we should take her to the emergency room. I was scared outa my mind and Joe was out of town for work so I met grandma at the ER and waited for the doctor to see my baby girl. We waited for a couple hours before we got a room and the ER doctor said she would need x-rays to make sure they weren't missing anything. By this time, she was awake and slowly returning to her normal self. Still we needed the x-rays for safety. Brian and a friend were able to come over and give her a priesthood blessing and off we went to get the x-rays.
She was such a trooper, I couldn't be with her at the x-rays because I was pregnant with Huntington, but grandma stood with her and the doctor was able to get the info he needed to ease my fears and let me know she would be fine. I was so scared for her but she was fine then and thankfully continues to be fine. I'm so glad everything turned out good for us, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my little "Brittles". So thankful everything turned out ok!











*MSL*

1 comment:

Renee said...

Oh! My! You know my #2 girl Heidi has the nickname BooBoo because when she was little she was always getting booboo's. My letter from bootcamp last week said that she now gave new meaning to the word Booboo and I would not believe the amount of scratches, scrapes, cuts and bruises she was sporting. I am glad Brittyn was alright but you just go ahead and get ready for a lifetime of "scares"! : )