Friday, November 30, 2012

It takes a village...

(April 2012)
They say it takes a village to raise a child. I'm a firm believer in that saying. I know I could probably raise my kids by myself but I also know that I don't want to at all. I love and appreciate my husband, family members and friends who pitch in and help me with my children. I think I should modify that saying a little bit and say that it also takes a village to help get a child to bed, even of that village is a village of Care Bear stuffed animals!!! Joe and I have never been strict parents when it comes to keeping a schedule. We try our best but life somehow creeps in and will interrupt our perfect plans 9/10 times. This is especially the case when trying to get Ryan out of our bed! She has slept with us since birth. We even sold her baby furniture before Brittyn was born and she slept in a pack-n-play in our room when she was born. We eventually bought a bed for the girls and began to target our efforts into getting them to sleep in their own room. It took a while but this spring Ryan spent her first night in the bedroom all by herself. We were so proud of her and decided to snap sleeping pictures of her to mark the occasion!!! When I went in to see how she was doing, I saw that she had found comfort in several of her Care Bear friends. I was so touched by her innocent and sweet face and that she felt so secure. I hope all my children can feel that way all the time, not just bedtime. Maybe then they will all be able to sleep in their own rooms!!!








*MSL*

No comments: