Tuesday, December 11, 2012

VPre-K

(August 2012)
Turning FOUR YEARS OLD was a huge milestone for Ryan. She had been talking about it since she was two! Even then, she was read to go to school. She and Joe would scour the roads every morning for school buses on the way to Grandma's and when I picked her up she would tell me how many buses she had seen. She even told me several times that she wanted a "school bus" birthday party. She would talk endlessly about how old and big she's getting and counting down the days till she turned four years old so she could go to school.
Finally, that day has arrived. The night before school, we tried to prepare her for her first day by letting her choose her snack and pick out an outfit. then Joe gave her a father's blessing to start the school year. the next morning, on August 20, 2012 she started
VPre-k at Bradfordville Baptist Church, here in Tallahassee. She started their Beginning Steps Ministry Program and she loves it. Her teacher is Mrs. Debra Albanese and Ryan loves her. She affectionately referred to her as Mrs. "Elbow Knees" until she figured out the correct way to say her name. Ryan was so excited so Joe and I both took her to school that morning. I let her pick out a cute little outfit to wear the first day, a coordinating set of shorts with cherries on them and a navy shirt with sparkle cherries on it. She was so happy and did not cry at all. I was not so fortunate but I was able to contain my emotions till I left her. We were and continue to be so proud of her and know that she is going to have a blast in school this year. I just hope this enthusiasm lasts for many school years to come!!!


Ryan's very first school picture!!!















*MSL*

1 comment:

Jaren said...

I can't believe how big she's gotten!!