Monday, December 24, 2012

The boy's first bath

I love giving my babies their first bath at home. When they are done I love to scoop them up out of the water and wrap them in warm hooded towels and stand in front of the bathroom mirror and admire nothing but their little faces because everything else is covered by the towel. I love that when I scoop them up from the water that the shock of going from warm water to cold air startles them so that their arms and legs turn into little frog extremities and their little hands spread out super wide. I can't help but laugh at this sweet little reflex. And, when I gave Huntington his first bath at home, he did not disappoint. His little hands and feet stretched out super wide, grasping for anything he could reach. It was hard to get him wrapped in the towel because I was laughing so hard. I hadn't seen that kind of shock since Ryan and Brittyn had their first baths. I miss that soooo much. I guess I'll enjoy it until my little Huntington get too big for mama's help.


*MSL*

1 comment:

Jaren said...

Aww...look at that little man! What a sweetie!