Monday, July 6, 2009

We came, we partied, we conqured!!!


Its official!! Ryan has turned one whole year old!!! Last Thursday, July 2, Joe and I woke up and wished Ryan a very happy birthday!!! I posted it on my facebook page and lots of other people visited and wished her a happy birthday too, it was a great day. We celebrated her party on July 3 so I spent most of her actual birthday at home with her and Kylia decorating her cake and putting some finishing touches on her party. The cake turned out great, I was very impressed with Kylia's decorating skills. She did most of the work on that end but we worked together to make the mess. We even made Ryan her own cake to get messy with at her party. I must admit that I made most of the mess with that cake, she was sort of "nice-nasty" that the idea of getting her hands dirty. Eventually, she came around and made something that resembled a mess. I still had to use wet wipes to get cake and icing off her ears and out of her hair so I will give her credit for that! I really wanted to see some serious cake action where Ryan was covered in cake and icing from head to toe, I guess I was hoping she would look like Olivia looked after she got finished with her birthday cake. But, Olivia did have blue icing on her cake so it showed up a better than pink and white icing. Either way, I am really proud of my birthday girl. She was the greatest birthday girl, she loved all her presents and is loving playing with them all at the house. I was so glad to see such a good show of people for her party, and for the people who dressed in pink, that was so cool for me to see. Even though the invitation didn't call for it, that really made my day.

A special thanks to all the people who helped out with the party, including but not limited to: Terah, Kiera, Kylia, Jaren for helping with the cake, icing, decorating the building, making the party favors, helping with the set up and take down of the party and everything in between. I owe y'all LOTS and I really appreciate it. Grandma Jamie and Leah and Kellie and Emilee for helping with the flowers, decorations and accessories, serving dishes and especially the most awesome birthday banner ever and the pictures! Y'all have MADD TALENT! I am so thankful you put it to use on Ryan's (ok, MY) behalf. Some of Grandma Jamie's pictures will be on this blog along with mine but you will definitely be able to tell the difference. To everyone that I missed, I apologize and I really appreciate everyone coming together to help Joe and I pull this party together and make it something special for Ryan to look back on. Joe, I thank you very much for letting me take the reigns and plan the party the way I wanted to and not asking too often about how much I was spending. I hope you don't get too mad IF you ever find out the actual total. I love you. Last but not least, I appreciate everyone who came to the party to celebrate with Ryan, I had a blast and I hope y'all did too. I can't wait to do this next year!!!

No comments: