Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Picnic by the pond

Well, not exactly, but we still had fun. One Sunday afternoon in the early spring, it had to be before Easter, Joe brought Amelia to the house. He had gone to his mom's for something after church and Amelia asked if she come come over. So as soon as she comes over, Ryan has to plan something awesome and she wants to have a picnic! I had just made the kids plates of snacks but it was such a nice day, not too hot and definitely not cold so I packed some extra snacks and a blanket to sit on and we left the house and headed to the pond beside our house. I wrapped the kids plates clear wrap and let each one take their plates with them.

Now, what you don't see in any pictures is that no sooner could we get to the park is my precious Brittyn immediately spills her plate, onto the ground, food first. And yes, it was every bit that dramatic, I couldn't have planned it better myself. So, before I could get mad, we all went home, made some more snacks and made our way back to the pond.

Thankfully, it didn't take long to have a great time. We ate our snacks, we took walks and we had a lovely afternoon. Ryan hasn't stopped asking for another picnic since then, so hopefully we can go again once the weather cools down.


**MSL**

No comments: