Friday, September 26, 2014

The players take the field

Ryan participated in her first field day at her school this past year. Field Day is basically an intramural day or track and field day, like it was called when I was in elementary school. I know, that I remember that and that I can still remember events and outfits that I wore for track and field day make me feel super old. Growing up stinks. But now I have an awesome six year old and a couple of other awesome little one of my own too so it's nothing to complain about. So, Ryan's class was dressed in orange and thanks to her wonderful teacher, Mrs. Katie Cowart, the class had their names printed on the back of their shirts and all the girls were given ribbons to put in their hair. Mrs. Cowart is like me in that we believe that our girls should have their hair out of their way and look good doing it, and a cute hairbow or ribbon goes a long way in achieving that. So Ryan got her ribbon, I sent her with a hairbow but it wasn't like Mrs. Cowart's ribbon so she switched it out. The kids participated in several events like running drills, rope pulls and pseudo-tire drills to show off their skill and agility they've learned over the school year. My favorite was the rope pull or tug of war, girls VS boys. The girls gave it their all and gave the boys a diet snack, yeah they won!!! Ok, so it wasn't that dramatic, these are kindergarteners after all, but it was super cute to watch the kids play and have such a fun day!







YouTube Video




YouTube Video


**MSL**

No comments: