Sunday, June 22, 2014

Non-stop November

Just because it's at the end of the year doesn't mean the month of November is any less crowded with deadlines and packed with stuff to do. In truth, it seems like the closer we get to the end of the year, the more "stuff" places, things we try to cram in our days so we can tell our children and our family how awesome we are about much we got done. I don't know how my parents did all they did with SEVEN children, I can barely do the minimum with my three wild turkeys!!! 

Anyway, November was full of things for Ryan at her school and things for all the kids at home and with family. I took the kids to watch Ryan in her class' Thanksgiving program. She was a turkey and her class sang a song about a turkey hiding from the farmer. She was so cute! Then, I had Thanksgiving lunch with her on another day and she and her class wore their Native American smocks and headbands that they had made in class. Well, I knew when Britt saw that, she'd want one of her own and I knew I'd had Bellamy one day that week so I hunted and gathered stuff so the girls couldake their own smocks and headbands. I didn't bother to make Hunt one (sorry buddy) because he wouldn't even sit still long enough for me to measure him so I knew it'd be mostly worthless. But the smocks turned out cute the girls had a good time, I hope! 

The closer we got to Thanksgiving, I had the kids help me pick out and make a treat to serve on Thanksgiving day. They chose golden Oreo turkeys and helped me feather them with candy corn and sugar eyes. We had fun but they did use more "feathers" for eating than for fluffing the turkeys! 

Finally we had Joe's birthday and enjoyed a Semiinole cake followed all too quickly by Thanksgiving day, first with my family and then with the Longfellow's. I got a couple shots of my wild turkeys and a picture of all the attending family members in Hosford. For such a big bunch, we seem to be dwindling in numbers. We gotta do better, Shuler family!!! November was definitely nonstop but I wouldn't know what to do if it were any different!!!







No comments: