Friday, June 13, 2014

Christmas pictures 2013

I'm always thinking about taking pictures of my kids. Lots of times I think I have really good ideas. However, I have neither the equipment or the skill to take all these awesome pictures that I think about taking all the time! So, thankfully I know A few good people, ok a few good women, who can do all of the picture taking and photo shop editing for me, and all I have to do is supply the cute kids! So, for our Christmas card pictures this year, I did just that!!! I was talking to my coworker Jessica and trying to come up with a picture scheme and she showed me the cutest beach picture. It looked like the sand on the beach was actually snow, it was so cool and the child models were barefoot and in pj's and they were surrounded by Christmas trees and gifts and I loved it so much I had to get a picture like that of my children. I had already purchased Christmas pj's from Laura Wahlquist so I had done half of the work without even knowing! I know, how efficient of me!!! I then had to find someone to go to the beach with me and take the pictures for me. Naturally, I called up Kylia and she loved my idea but we couldn't come up with anyone anywhere close to us to take the pictures. Oh, and y'all all know that Christmas pictures or any other holiday pictures aren't actually taken in the month the holiday occurs so we had to do the pictures in the month of November. 

So, it was a bit of a trip (all day to be exact) but I asked my cousin Katheryn to take the pictures for us since she lived in Jacksonville and knows how to get to the beaches in that area. Kylia and I packed up props and snacks and took the kids over to Hannah Park and took pictures with "TK". We had a good time, the kids loved playing in the sand and the water after we finished shooting and "opened" the presents. We had a full, fun day and our pictures turned great. I'm already thinking of pictures for the next Christmas!

















The inspiration and the outcome...love them both!



No comments: