Sunday, August 9, 2009

Wayne County Fair...

Ahhh...the Wayne County Fair. This was our first adventure that Libby had planned for us in WV. And boy, was it ever an adventure. The whole fair was suited on a lot about the size of a football field and that included rides and games and musical shows and food and parking and anything else that a fair includes (except for freaky "smallest woman alive" side shows and such). Well the Wayne County Fair was a special fair, I say that most lovingly. The fairgrounds were flooded, literally. By the time we left, everyone but Joe and Adam and Libby had their pants rolled up to the knees and bare feet covered in MUDD. It was easy enough, most of the fair, the typical tilt-a-whirls and gravitrons along with kid's train rides and fishy ferris wheels. We all walked around and rode all the rides except the ones that you had to be wearing shoes to get on. Uggh, can you imagine the nerve? I was holding my shoes in my hands, I just wasn't willing to put them on my muddy feet!!!
Sounds pretty tame, right? For the most part it was but there was one part I haven't mentioned yet. You see, before we got out to enjoy the fair, we had to park our car. The parking attendant motioned Joe into the lot closest to the music pavillion and the other cars in our caravan further down the field. I guess they assumed that because we were driving an SUV, we had 4X4. Well, we do not and as Joe begins to drive into the "parking lot" he gets stuck. Not more than 10 feet into the lot he gets stuck. I immediately jump out of the car, assess the damage and while the locals are attempting to pull our car out of the mudd, I get an interview with the driver of the stuck vehicle. I don't know how much you will be able to understand, but I think it is totally worth it. Needless to say, this is the highlight of the Wayne County Fair for me!!!

2 comments:

Kiera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiera said...

Oh my gosh...I heard the story from Kylia, but cannot believe Joey let you post it on the blog! That was too darn funny!!!!