Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vacation in the Volunteer State, part one...

Did you even know that was stitched on the inside of the car?!?!!!!
Live at the Ryman Auditorium, home of the Grand Ole Opry!
One of the greats, Patsy Cline...
The Drifter, Hank Williams...
Always the gentleman, George Strait...
I have always wanted this jeep, one day...one day...
The General Lee, another one of the greats
Welcome to Cooter's Garage/Museum...
Ben Jones, aka Cooter! Isn't that a hilarious name!
Pieces of history...oh yeah...
Ok, so we had a great time in Tennessee, you might not realize it by looking at the pictures but we did have a good time. I didn't take a lot of pictures because it doesn't make much sense to take pictures of buildings and statues when we aren't in them and since Ryan isn't much of a tourist just yet, it was wieard trying to get her to stand still for pictures. I did the best I could, hopefully the next vacation will be more family picture-friendly.
So, Tennessee consisted of all that Nashville had to offer including but not limited to the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Ryman Auditorium, the Grand Ole Opry and Cooter's Dukes of Hazzard Museum!!! Yeah, Cooter has his own musuem complete with his truck, Daisy's jeep and the GENERAL LEE!!! Too cool...too bad that none of the stars were there the day we went. I was kinda disappointed with Nashville because I expected to see some stars but I didn't, that was a bummer. We did tour all the music places but we'll know next time to get guided tours because I feel like I spent a lot of money and didn't get a whole lot when I did a DIY tour. We had a good time either way though. Here are a couple random pictures from the music city portion of the vacation...

1 comment:

Kiera said...

I'll bet Garet was green with envy....we all know the Dukes is his most favorite show!

Cute pics...you'll get your Jeep one day, I'm sure of it!!!