Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Volunteer State, part two...

This is her chipmunk/monkey face...gotta pass the time in the car somehow...
I thought she looked like a gremlin with her wild hair...
Walking around the Hermitage Plantation...
"I am NOT a crook!!! I just like wearing my jeans with my PJs..."
The Hermitage...
The Parthenon at Centennial Park, Nashville TN
Ryan looks like she is in the middle of a dance step, look right & step left...
Swinging at the Parthenon...
Entrance to Centennial Park
The Parthenon, totally awesome!
After we finished taking Adam through all the country music places, it was MY turn to vacation in the Volunteer State. Yep, that meant history museums, mansions, plantations and the only standing replica of the Greek Parthenon in the United States. It was awesome for me and Joe seemed to enjoy it too.
We started off at the Parthenon and couldn't tour inside because Joe and I both left our wallets in the car! So, we just walked around outside and let Ryan play and wear herself out so she would be ready for a nap. It worked. Then we went to the Belmont Mansion on the campus of Belmont University, its a hoity toity mansion that is the center of the university. We couldn't take pictures during the tour but it was really awesome.
After that we went to The Hermitage, the home of President Andrew Jackson. We couldn't take pictures inside the mansion, but we did tour the grounds for over an hour and took in all the scenery including the mansion, the first house, the garden and the plantation cemetary where the president and his wife along with family members and their slaves are buried. The Hermitage also boasts a tulip garden and a family chapel but we didn't get to go there because things were closing down. I would've loved to go there. I got a couple pictures and a video or two but like I said before, its really no fun to take pics of buildings when we aren't part of the pictures. This concludes my posts on family vacation 2009! Until next time!!!

2 comments:

Katheryn said...

The Parthenon is such a cool place! I went when I was in 9th grade (a long, long, long, time ago). It was very inspiring. I would love to visit the original one! Probably never happen though.

Glad you guys had such a great trip!

Kiera said...

Wow...I must add that to my next vacation...those pics were awesome!

Gotta love Ry-bugs dance steps and hairdos!!!