Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lets try this again...

What's going on here? (August 2008)
I DO NOT like this! (August 2008)
What is the point of this "exercise"? (Sept.2008)
I still don't get it...(October 2008)
See, I am getting better, yeah? (January 2009)

So, these first six months with Ryan have been awesome...She is working on so many cool things at one time that I can barely keep up...But, there is one thing I will remember for a long time and poor Ryan will probably never let me live it down...Tummy time...I was told very early on that I need to put Ryan on her tummy so that she would hold her head up, gain upper body strength, sit up sooner, yada yada yada...So I did...The new, unsuspecting mom that I continue to be, I did it...She was probably about three weeks when I tried it the first time because I was so determined to do everything that people say to do...Needless to say, she didn't care for it, her face was red, and she mostly just buried her head onto the floor...She didn't like it...

Now don't get me wrong, I have tried it again from time to time and she still didn't like it but I feel that we have made some progress...

Fast forward to her sixth month and from what I can tell, she still doesn't really care for being on her tummy unless she is laying on someone's shoulder or chest and falling asleep...But, I decided to give it another try and I think I saw a tiny silver lining...Maybe it wasn't the greatest of times for Ryan, having to be on her tummy but she didn't scream and I didn't see any tears...Hey, we gotta start somewhere, right?...


2 comments:

Kiera said...

One day she'll thank you for it, I'm sure!!!

Thanks for posting again - I've been missing seeing that precious baby girl!

Terah said...

take a pic of her w/her "camo hat" on and post!! too cute!!!