Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Halloween 2013

The kids were crazy excited about Halloween this past year. All they could talk about was being super heroes! And they didn't wanna be the standard Superman or Wonder Woman, well they did but they wanted their own colors. So, I begged my sweet sister in-law Leah to help me make the capes (ok, she made them all by herself) but I did make the girl's boots and their head bands. I wish I had gotten some progression pics of those babies like I did the boots! They were both listed as "super easy" and "fun" and "crafty" on Pinterest but I would have used other adjectives. For the sale of my blog, and my children's and my sanity, I will go ahead and say that I was semi-proud of myself for "making" something that my children actually used and wanted to use more than once! They had a great time showing off their costumes at a few different trunk or treat events and and going trick or treating through our neighborhood. We even had Bellamy tag along with us for the 2nd year (note the monkey amidst the supers 😊). I was exhausted by night's end but as long as the kids had a great time, I was happy. I can't ask for much more than that.









**MSL**

No comments: