Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Let's move on

So, I think I've finally finished all the birthday party blogs and I may have even written about a couple other random experiences too. Now, onto the end of the year to talk about Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas! October is also Breast Cancer Awareness and at work, the speech therapy department accepted the task to help "paint the building pink" to go along with a community effort of the same name to raise awareness for breast cancer. My coworker and I had the great idea (and thankfully it turned out great) to use cheap vinyl tablecloths and cover our entire room in pink! We also cut out circles with a huge circle punch and strung them from the ceiling and used the leftover scraps of pink card stock to make pink ribbons and tack them up on the wall too! It turned out so cute! I also made small pink ribbons for all my coworkers in rehab to wear during the month. I was really surprised at how many people wore their ribbons! There wasn't a contest or we didn't win anything at least but we had a great time decorating and everyone who saw it loved it! I even striped my hair pink for an entire week and put some in Ryan and Brittyn's hair too! I just wish I had gotten pictures of that because they loved it, they still ask for it when they thumb through my photos and see mine. It was lots of fun to talk about and raise awareness about breast cancer, even from our little space!

















**MSL**

No comments: