Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its not a nap...



These last two are the purpose of the post


I don't usually post two days in a row, but I just couldn't get over this. Ryan must've been really tired today but she doesn't ever nap. Ever. Never. She might nod off for about 15 minutes or so but she doesn't nap. Well this evening I was getting her ready to go out and have dinner with the Longfellow family and I knew she was tired so I put her in the swing and just left her there. I knew she would go to sleep eventually. She fussed but I didn't look at her, I kept seeing her hands lean over the seat belt piece but I stayed strong. I am really working on the "self soothing" tactic. We fail misreably on a regular basis. Grandpa knocked on the door because he was meeting us here and I got up to get the door. Well, when I looked over at Ryan, she was slumped over the seat belt piece in the swing and was out like a light. It was the cutest, most pitiful thing I have ever seen. It was just too cute so I decided to show some pics of her NOT NAPPING. Enjoy.





6 comments:

Terah said...

priceless!!!

Jaren said...

that is too cute! I love it!

Kiera said...

oh come on....you know she wasn't sleeping, she as just resting her eyes!!! :-)

Becky Shuler said...

Meris, we got the sweet little Valentine...thanks!! She is so PRECIOUS! :)

LESLIE said...

Girl! I can't believe she never takes a nap!! Bless your heart! Kyers loves sleeping during the day so much she's yet to master it during the night. I guess we can't have everything! Ryan is so darn cute! I just want to squeeze her! Come see us soon!

Rachel Davis said...

Hey Girl, love it. New mom's with cute little babies arn't they just obnoxcious. Rachel Shuler