Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pioneer Day

I miss Pioneer Day at church. I remember when we were young that mom would dress us up if we would allow her and we'd go to the church and churn butter and make wax candles and eat deer meat and look at Indian arrows that were on display. Then we'd listen to tales of the Mormon pioneers and the sacrifices they made to make the trip to Utah. Inspiring, wish I'd listened better. But this year was the first year the girls have been able to go because Kylia and BB took them to Hosford to participate in their festivities. And let me tell ya, the Hosford ward knows how to honor the pioneer spirit!!! My girls out on their boots and our most pioneer chic dresses and did everything from pull sticks to rope tug of war to shooting and they had a blast doing it!!! So glad they were able to go!!!


**MSL**

No comments: